The Student Veteran Center is a hub of resources and opportunities for students, faculty, staff and the community - those with and without military connections. There are a variety of ways to get involved:
- KU Student Veterans of America (formerly the KU Collegiate Veterans Association) — open to all KU students, including those who support the military but have not served.
- KU Veterans Alumni Network — open to all military-affiliated alumni and friends.
- Jan. 17-20, 2017, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Student Veteran Center Open House — The public is invited for VIP tours of the newly renovated Student Veteran Center, located on the third floor of Summerfield Hall.
- Meet & Greets — The KU Veterans Alumni Network hosts meet and greets for all KU military-affiliated students, faculty, staff and alumni a couple times during the academic year.
- April 27, 2017, 4:30-6:30 p.m. — End of Year/Graduation Reception at the KU Alumni Association.
- Tuesday after Hawk Week (first week of classes) — Welcome Back Meet and Greet
- Veterans Day Week events, including:
- Nov. 10 – Marine Corps Birthday Celebration, Dole Institute (FREE) (Open to the public).
- Sunday after Veterans Day – Annual Veterans Day 5K. (Open to the public). Proceeds support the KU Student Veteran Center and KU Student Veterans of America.
- Support the Student Veteran Center
- VA Work Study — If you're using VA benefits and attending classes at 3/4 time or higher, you may be eligible to apply for a KU VA Work Study position. Learn more about your eligibility by checking out the VA Work Study page, and contact the Student Veteran Center (785-864-7478 or email email@example.com) to see what positions are available.