The Military-Affiliated Student Center is a hub of resources and opportunities for students, faculty, staff and the community - those with and without military connections. There are a variety of ways to get involved:
- KU Student Veterans of America (KU SVA) — open to all KU students, including those who support the military but have not served.
- KU Veterans Alumni Network (KU VAN) — open to all military-affiliated alumni and friends.
- Meet & Greets — The KU VAN and KU SVA hosts meet and greets for all KU military-affiliated students, faculty, staff and alumni during the academic year.
- Spring 2019 TBD — End-of-year and Graduation Reception
- Fall 2019 TBD — Welcome Back Meet and Greet
- Veterans Week events, including:
- Nov. 10-18 — Hope 22 exhibit, Spencer Museum of Art. This exhibition presents 22 portraits of KC-area veterans and active duty service members accompanied by their inspiring stories of military service and mental health.
- Nov. 12 — Salute to Service men's basketball game. Ticket info available at kuathletics.com.
- Nov. 13 — Salute to Service women's basketball game. Ticket info available at kuathletics.com.
- Nov. 15 — Trans Vets Talk, 6 p.m., Centennial Room, KU Memorial Union. Join the KU Center for Sexuality and Gender Diversity and the Emily Taylor Center for Women and Gender Equity for a screening of the short film “Transgenger, at War and Love,“ followed by a panel highlighting the voices and experiences of local transgender veterans.
- Nov. 15 — VA Veterans Town Hall, 6 p.m., Lied Center Pavilion. A town hall for veterans and their families in Lawrence and surrounding communities, hosted by Department of Veterans Affairs executives and the VA health
- Nov. 15 — Hope 22 exhibit reception, 3:30-5:30 p.m., Spencer Museum. Open to the public.
- Support the Military-Affiliated Student Center
- VA Work Study — If you're using VA benefits and attending classes at 3/4 time or higher, you may be eligible to apply for a KU VA Work Study position. Learn more about your eligibility by checking out the VA Work Study page, and contact the Military-Affiliated Student Center (785-864-2458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) to see what positions are available.