2020-21 MASC Hours
Note: Our physical center/lounge in 345 Summerfield will not be open for in-person visits Nov. 25 to Jan. 31.
However, we remain available via phone, email and video from 8:30 a.m to 5:30 p.m. CDT, Mon.-Fri.
We will be closed ONLY on the following dates:
- Nov. 26-27
- Dec. 24-Jan. 3
- Jan. 18
Beginning Feb. 1, 2021, the full center hours including access to the break room are M-F, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The maximum capacity of the center is 17 students and 5 staff members (22 total). A diagram of available spaces is below.
- The center is available for virtual assistance (phone, Skype or Zoom) M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Walk-up appointments/visits are no longer allowed; we now have a more flexible appointment schedule. To schedule a time, please call or use our contact form.
- M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (while virtual appointments are preferred and encouraged, there are limited options for in-person appointments during these times).
- Tu & F, by appointment as late as 7 p.m. (virtual only)
- Saturday by appointment afternoons/evenings (virtual only)
Beginning Feb. 1, 2021, the lounge is available with swipe access 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- All students with a military affiliation have automatically been granted access. If you are unable to swipe in, please email email@example.com.
- The break room will not be available outside of the full center hours.
Space in our center is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- See the diagram of the center below for available space. Rooms listed as "Office," "Reception" or "Storage" are not available for student use.
- Computers will be available for student use. The lounge will have 2 computers with CAC readers and the larger study room will have 2 computers without CAC readers. Each computer will have a webcam installed, and students are encouraged to bring their own headsets.
Masks are required in the center.
- You may briefly remove your mask to take a drink, but must put the mask back on after each drink. Water bottle refill stations are available on even floors of Summerfield.
- While we encourage students to eat lunch outside, if you must eat indoors you may remove your mask to eat, but must put the mask back on once you are done and before you leave your seat. No food is allowed at the computer stations.
The break room will be available during the "full center hours" listed above.
- Only one person is allowed in the break room at a time. Please do not use this as a hangout space.
- The microwave can be used and the refrigerator can be used to store lunches and medicines. All items must be removed by the end of the day.
- Currently the coffee pot and toaster will not be available for use.
The University of Kansas
Military-Affiliated Student Center
1300 Sunnyside Avenue, Room 345
Lawrence, KS 66045-7575