Welcome, Guard & Reservists
We are so glad you are joining the KU community!
Located in 345 Summerfield, we are your centralized resource and offer study and meeting spaces, a 24-7 lounge, dedicated staff to provide support tailored to all military-affiliated students, and more.
Transitioning to KU
- Apply to KU (Note: ACT/SAT scores are NOT needed if you're over 21 years old.)
- Sign up for PAVE @ KU — Get paired up with a fellow military-affiliated student who has been on campus for awhile.
Residency & Yellow Ribbon
- In-state tuition is available per the Armed Forces Residency benefit for:
- Reservists, Kansas National Guardsmen, Active Duty
- GI Bill® users
- Yellow Ribbon Program funding is only for Post-9/11 GI Bill users at the 100% rate who are NOT eligible for in-state tuition (i.e. those only living in Missouri while attending classes at KU). Most KU students are eligible for in-state residency and don't need yellow ribbon.
- Online students: Most online programs offer flat-rate tuition, so no need to apply for residency
Tuition Assistance Information
- Start with your Education Service Officer/counselor prior to enrolling to determine eligibility. Not sure who that is? Talk with your NCO or
- Steps to using tuition assistance
GI Bill Benefit Information
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Programs, Resources for Students
Tricare & VA Health Care
- Tricare: Watkins Health Center is not an in-network provider, but students can receive some services for free or reduced rates.
- If you were called to active duty by a federal order and completed the full period for which you were called/ordered to active duty, you may be eligible for VA health care. Learn more and apply for VA health Care benefits. (If you had or have active-duty status for training purposes only, you don't qualify for VA health care.
Preparing for the Next Chapter
‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill."