VA Resources on Campus

Are you in need of assistance with issues relating to the Department of Veteran Affairs, such as enrolling in VA healthcare, filing for compensation or have questions about the Vocational Rehabiltation program? KU has the convenience of having a VetSuccess on Campus Counselor, and a Kansas Commission of Veteran Affairs Representative located on campus.

VetSuccess on Campus

javascript:void(0)The VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) program is a collaborative effort between KU and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with the purpose of providing a supportive on-campus environment for student veterans. Services provided will enable student veterans to make a smooth transition to college life and successfully complete their educational programs.

VSOC Services:

  • Guidance & support to help maximize your VA education benefits.
  • Connection to other VA benefits, e.g. VA health care & mental health services.
  • Personalixed education and career couseling.
  • Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E) case management.


  • Servicemembers and veterans.
  • Spouses/dependents eligible for VA education benefits.

For more information contact:

Sally MacNeill
(785) 864-0903
345 Summerfield Hall

Kansas Commission on Veteran Affairs

The Kansas Commission on Veteran Affairs Office (KCVAO) provides a Veterans Service Representative free of charge to assist veterans & their families with applying for benefits.


Your KCVAO can help you file VA claims for:

  • Service connected disability compensation benefits.
  • VA appeals.
  • VA health care benefits.
  • Non-service connected pension benefits.
  • Spouse and dependent benefits.
  • State VA benefits.

The KCVAO can also assist with:

  • Obtaining service, medical, discharge documents ( DD-214).
  • Obtaining medals & awards issued to servicemembers.
  • Corrections for DD-214s'.
  • Locating resources for homeless Veterans.


  • Servicemembers and veterans.

For more information contact:

Clint Olson
(785) 843-5233
345 Summerfield Hall

‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at"




Quick Links

VA benefits questions?

Current News

Now hiring summer and fall VA Work Study students to work at the center.

KU ranked as No. 5 best schools in country for veterans

Congratulations to KU's 2019 Women's Hall of Fame inductees, including Student Veterans of America officer, Army veteran Stacy Hague, KU’s Outstanding Nontraditional Woman Student of the year!


MASC Facebook Feed
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times