We recognize the unique background, needs and strengths our spouses bring to KU and foster an environment that is welcoming and inclusive of all our military-affiliated students.
What KU can offer military spouses:
- A rich array of academic and professional programs, acclaimed professors, outstanding libraries and research facilities, vibrant cultural offerings, exciting sports, varied social experiences and warmly welcoming community
- A 3,000 square foot Military-Affiliated Center with study and meeting spaces, a 24-7 lounge, and dedicated staff to provide support tailored to military family members, including GI Bill® usage.
- Top 5 public university, as cited in “Best for Vets” by Military Times.
- In-state tuition rates per the Armed Forces Residency benefit for:
- spouses and dependents who are using the GI Bill
- spouses and dependents of veterans who were stationed in Kansas during service and/or were Kansas residents prior to joining the service
- spouses and dependents of active duty, Reservists and Kansas National Guardsmen
- Yellow Ribbon Program funding for Post-9/11 GI Bill users who are NOT eligible for in-state tuition
- MyCAA Scholarship-approved programs
- Military-affiliated scholarship resources, including a KU-specific scholarship for primary caregivers of disabled veterans
- On-campus childcare
- KU Veterans Alumni Network open to all military-affiliated alumni and friends
- KU Student Veterans of America student organization membership and leadership opportunities to help advance military-affiliated students' interests on campus