The Military-Affiliated Student Center is a hub of resources and opportunities for students, faculty, staff and the community - those with and without military connections. There are a variety of ways to get involved:
- KU Student Veterans of America (formerly the KU Collegiate Veterans Association) — open to all KU students, including those who support the military but have not served.
- KU Veterans Alumni Network — open to all military-affiliated alumni and friends.
- Meet & Greets — The KU Veterans Alumni Network hosts meet and greets for all KU military-affiliated students, faculty, staff and alumni a couple times during the academic year.
- End of April 2018 — End of Year/Graduation Reception
- End of Aug. 2018 — Welcome Back Meet and Greet
- Other events
- Sept. 11 — 9/11 Remembrance, Campanile Plaza on Memorial Drive
- Sept. 18 — Air Force Birthday
- Oct. 13 — Navy Birthday
- Veterans Day Week events, including
- Nov. 9 — "Veterans in the Classroom and Beyond," with guest speaker Cpt. (Ret.) Dan Grinstead, 6 p.m., 427 Summerfield.
- Nov. 10 — Marine Corps Birthday celebrations
- 10:30 a.m., Adams Alumni Center (FREE)
- with the SVA 11 a.m., Wescoe Beach
- Nov. 11 — KU volleyball Salute to Service vs. Baylor, 1 p.m.
- Nov. 12 — Annual Veterans Day 5K, 9 a.m. (Open to the public). Proceeds support the KU Military-Affiliated Student Center and KU Student Veterans of America.
- To register for this event or to get more information go to the KU Vets Day 5k page.
- Support the Military-Affiliated Student Center
- VA Work Study — If you're using VA benefits and attending classes at 3/4 time or higher, you may be eligible to apply for a KU VA Work Study position. Learn more about your eligibility by checking out the VA Work Study page, and contact the Military-Affiliated Student Center (785-864-2458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) to see what positions are available.