Here is a collection of sites containing scholarship information specifically for military, veterans and their families. You can also check KU's Scholarship resource page for more information and opportunities, as well as the Private and State Scholarships page.
We also highly recommend you apply for state and federal (FAFSA) financial aid, as you may be eligible for grants, including grants on top of any VA benefits. FYI, you can apply for state and federal aid beyond the priority deadlines, but it's recommended you meet the priority deadlines for the best chances at receiving any grants:
- Dec. 1, 2018: Priority date to file the FAFSA
- May 1: Priority deadline for Kansans applying for state aid
Scholarships and financial aid resources for undergraduates and graduates
- Kansas Board of Regents Scholarship Information – Most have a priority deadline of May 1.
- National Guard Educational Assistance Program Application (fifth one down on the KBOR list)
- Air Force Association Scholarships – Military/veterans/spouses/dependents.
- AMVETS Scholarships for Veterans and Dependents – Deadline April 30.
- CollegeScholarships.org – Provides links to numerous scholarship opportunities based on military service or dependent status.
- Council of College and Military Educators (CCME) - Military/veterans/spouses. Deadline Nov. 1.
- Fleet Reserve Association Education Foundation – Those affiliated with the Navy, Marine Corps or Coast Guard through your own service or that of your spouse, parent, grandparent or great-grandparent. Deadline April 15.
- Military Spouse Scholarships – Deadline June 30. Check website during fall 2018 for the next application cycle.
- Military Officers Association of America Education Assistance
- Military.com Educational Assistance Programs Information
- Tillman Military Scholars – Application will open Feb. 2019.
- VFW "Sports Clips Help A Hero Scholarship" for E-5 or below military/veterans, given twice a year.
- NBC Universal SVA Scholarship - for any eligible student veteran. Deadline is April 10.
- David Resnick & Associates - grants for veterans. Deadline is July 1.
- Raytheon Patriot Scholarship - Any eligible U.S. Army student veteran. Deadline is April 10.
- Army Nurse Corps Association's Scholarship Program - For eligible nursing students who are serving or have previously served in any branch of a component of the U.S. Army. Deadline is March 31.
- Women's Overseas Service League - For eligible women who are committed to advancement in military or other public service careers. Deadline is March 1.
- AMVETS - Scholarship opportunities for veterans, active duty, guard/reserves, children, and grandchildren of veterans. Deadline is April 30.
- Fleet Reserve Association (FRA) Education Foundation - To eligible active duty, reserve, retired, or honorably discharged veterans of the Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard. Deadline is April 15.
- Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship Program - Program closed; check back in Jan 2019 for the 2019 program application and guidelines
- AT&T Veterans Scholarship - Scholarship essay contest for veterans. Deadline is July 31.
- Hope For Kansas Heroes Endowment - For eligible honorably discharged veterans. 2019-20 academic year scholarships will open in Fall 2018.
For undergraduates only
- Kansas Board of Regents Military Service Scholarship for undergraduate Kansas-resident students who served in OIF/OEF/Operation Noble Eagle. Priority deadline is May 1.
- Scholarships for military children – Check in December of each year for program details.
- The American Legion Scholarships – Dependents.
- Society of the 1st Infantry Division scholarship - Children/grandchildren of 1st ID veterans.
- AAPG Military Veterans Scholarship Program for undergraduate veterans in geoscience programs. Opens Feb. 15; closes May 1.
- Air Force Aid Society – Scholarships, grants, loan programs for current and retired Air Force service members, spouses and dependent children.
- Army Emergency Relief Scholarships for spouses and dependent children – Deadline is May 1.
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation – for undergraduate and non-degree certificate programs.
- Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society – Applications for the 2019-2020 academic year will be available Nov 1, 2018.
- ThanksUSA - Spouses/dependents. Opens April 1.
- Deana and Paul Strunk Military Veterans Scholarship Program - For veterans pursuing undergraduate education in a field of geoscience full time or part time at a four year accredited college or university. Deadline is May 1.
For wounded service members and family members of wounded/deceased service members only
- KU's Wounded Warrior Scholarship for wounded warriors and their family members
- Kansas application for a waiver of tuition/fees for dependents and spouses of deceased military personnel
- Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation scholarships
- Folds of Honor